My precious boxer got in a fight with another dog in the home and was severely injured. We felt that our dog needed immediate attention and took him for the first time to Parkway Pet Urgent care in Escondido, California due to the proximity to our home. Once we got Apollo in, we were presented with an itemized list of service totaling over $1,600.00. Because we've been through instances where vets have padded the cost estimate, we began questioning what the costs were for and the necessity of certain items.

The vet tech there took great offense to our questions and became increasingly snippy with us. This was upsetting, and we remarked that there seemed to be a lack of compassion in dealing with us. The vet tech got extremely angry, and began raising her voice at us, saying we were calling her names. She refused to answer any more of our questions because she didn't like our "tone", and telling us she would get our dog and we could go somewhere else for care. We responded that we would, and would also be making our opinions about their horrible customer service public. The whole situation escalated into a serious verbal disagreement, and I asked if they could just stabilize our dog so we could take him somewhere else.

We were under great stress and were not at that time advised of the seriousness of our dog's condition. It was only when the doctor came in with teary eyes saying that our dog could die if he did not go into surgery immediately did it hit us that we needed to act poste-haste.

Once it was established that our dog was going into surgery and they grabbed my credit card for a deposit of 1000.00, they then called the police and followed that by a call to Animal Control. Of course, since our dogs are all licensed, and no crime was committed, neither the police or animal control did anything. But in our opinion, though they denied it, the Parkway Pet Clinic did that for no other reason than to try and cause us more problems.

When we were able to take Apollo home a few hours later, the Parkway staff provided no written instructions for Post-op care, just a quick verbal briefing.

A few days later, we took our boxer to his regular vet . They did the post-op checkup on Apollo. We were relieved to learn that the veterinary staff at Parkway had done a competent, professional job of treating Apollo. Best of all, his regular charged us nothing at all for the exam or post-op wound care, which is the type of caring customer service we have become used.

Please, if you are a dedicated dog owner and, like us, question the vet closely about what they are doing to your pet and why, do NOT go here. They are apparently not used to dog owners who don't passively accept everything they are told, and they respond extremely poorly to questioning or criticism. We have been to several vets in the local area over the years, and have NEVER received such a lack of customer service. In fact, this may be the worst customer service I've ever received from ANY business in my life. They may have a competent medical staff, but their execrable arrogance and poor customer service will ensure we NEVER go Parkway Pet Clinic in Escondido, California ever again.

Had an Experience with Parkway Pet Clinic?

Comments